Get away from the computer and get out on the water! …Are you still there?…Let’s help you get into action mode! Schedule a training trip aboard SANDY HOOK our 44ft trawler in Florida. Book your winter vacation and enjoy the cruising life… forward this E-newsletter to a friend and if they take a trip with us we’ll send you a CAPTAIN CHRIS YACHT SERVICES HAT with our thanks.
Captain Chris Yacht Services has just a few dates available before the calendar runs out on 2010. Imagine you and your favorite Mate living aboard while learning all about the cruising lifestyle. Think about a trip to Florida in the late fall when our days are sunny and the evenings bring a cool change. Or maybe just get away from it all and celebrate the first day of winter wearing shorts? CLICK HERE to join us aboard SANDY HOOK – our 44 foot training trawler. COME ON! START LIVING THE DREAM !!
Keepin’ it working with Captain Chris
Air Conditioners– Get your toothbrush ready to scrub the sea strainer. In fact, this time of year you might want to scrub ’em weekly to keep the water flowing and the cabin coooool.
Zincs – If you haven’t hopped over lately to check out your zincs then you may be surprised to learn they’re almost gone. Stray current from a neighbors poorly wired boat may be eating your shaft zincs.
Lines– Take a stroll around your decks and check for any signs of chafing on your dock lines. Look at the most obvious rub points and consider how well the lines might hold in a good blow. You know it doesn’t take a Hurricane for 70knot winds to appear. A sudden squall can take you by surprise and pop lines already weakened by wear.
Flowers– Give your sweetie one exotic long stem for no reason and keep everyone guessing!
Tropical Update – Whoo Hoo! No official landfalls as we write this but Earl sure gave us a scare. Remember that September is the biggie so don’t let your guard down yet. Have a plan for protecting your boat? Contact us if we can help with your Hurricane preparation plans.
- September 22-23, 2010 PassageMaker University Have you seen the latest issue of PassageMaker Magazine? Flip to page 32 and you can’t miss the photo of Captain Chris and the Art of Anchoring. Captain Chris will gladly autograph your PM mag -can you tell who is writing this issue? Did the flower power give it away? Now turn those pages to 75 and see all the PMU courses including Building Cruising Confidence As A Couple with yours truly, Captains Alyse and Chris. Register here
- September 24-26, 2010 TrawlerFest- Baltimore MD – Mark your date book for TrawlerFest’s new Fall location in the Chesapeake Bay area. All About Anchoring, Cruising in the Florida Keys and Changing Your Seawater Impeller/Diesel Fuel Filter…what could be more fun? Register for these and many other terrific topics at www.Trawlerfest.com. Don’t miss MARDI GRAS in Baltimore.
- October 24-27, 2010 AGLCA The Fall Rendezvous for America’s Great Loop Cruisers’ Association is around the bend. At Joe Wheeler State Park in Alabama we’ll tell you our stories of the trawler life and help you plan for your cruising adventures… Would you like to join AGLCA? Contact us at Captain Chris Yacht Services and we can sponsor your membership.…here’s how
- Florida in January 2011. Need we say more? Come learn with us at PMU, TrawlerFest Fort Lauderdale or aboard SANDY HOOK. 772-205-1859 or email us now!
- Check out our Facebook page for the new Beneteau Swift Trawler 34. Are you a friend of Captain Chris Yacht Services? Send us photos of YOU cruising on the waterways so we can share the dream.
SEE YOU IN BALTIMORE!