Captain Chris Yacht Services will present seminars at this terrific Gulfport, Mississippi location APRIL 9-12, 2015. Hope to see you soon!!
The Gulfcoast Yacht and Boat Show is the largest Boat Show on the Gulf Coast. Previously held in Orange Beach, Alabama this is the third year that the show is presented in the brand new 40 million dollar renovated Jones Park in Gulfport, Mississippi. The new facility accommodates vessels over 100′ in length and Captain Chris will offer FREE Seminars each day in the seminar tent.
*****This is the new line up for 2015!*****
Thursday VIP Day
Come meet Captains Chris & Alyse in the Seminar Tent all day. Learn more about boating, the cruising lifestyle, pets aboard and then practice your knot tying with this experienced cruising couple. Refresh your navigation skills and pick up a few tricks to stay safe on the waterways.
- 11AM Boat Buying Basics -There are many questions to ask yourself before purchasing a new or used boat: How much time will you spend on board? Where will you cruise? How much will it cost? In this seminar Captains Chris & Alyse open your eyes to help you find the Perfect Boat for you.
- 1PM How We Did It -Are you dreaming about cruising? Discover how a cruising couple got started and continued the lifestyle for 20 years. From their first weekend adventures to living the dream aboard a 44-foot trawler, learn valuable lessons from Captains Chris and Alyse Caldwell as they share their experiences cruising together. (And they still like each other!)
- 3PM Life Raft Demonstration in the Water -Learn the proper selection of inflatable life rafts, where to store it on your vessel, how to launch and inflate this important piece of safety equipment. Come experience the action of a live demonstration in the water and learn more! (See a short recap video below of a recent demo with our power squadron.)
- 5PM Cruising America’s Great Loop -Learn more about the adventure of a lifetime. The Great Loop is a 7000 mile year long journey cruising around the waterways of eastern North America. Attend this seminar and receive a complimentary one year membership to the America’s Great Loop Cruisers Association (AGLCA), courtesy of Captain Chris. Discover everything about becoming a looper!
- 11AM Cruising the FL Keys – The Keys are the place to go where you can find clear water, tropical climate and an ‘island’ attitude. Captain Chris can help you plot your course for these far away islands that are really just next door. It’s an easy place for friends to visit without a passport.
- 1PM Inflatable PFDs (Life Jackets)– Just because you wear an inflatable Personal Floatations Device (PFD) doesn’t mean it’s ready to inflate. Learn more about different types of inflatable PFDs and their care and maintenance. Take a few minutes to discover which works best for you.
- 3PM Life Raft Demonstration in the Water – If you missed this live demonstration on Friday you’re in luck! Learn the proper selection of inflatable life rafts, where to store it on your vessel, how to launch and inflate this important piece of safety equipment. Come experience the action of a live demonstration in the water and learn more!
- 5PM Bahamas Bound – Destination Abacos -A cruise to the Abacos is no longer the great mystery it once was. Captains Chris and Alyse discuss everything from supplies to available forms of communications. Customs and immigration procedures you’ll experience in getting there and back will be reviewed. Modern Electronics make the crossing easier and in less than one day most boats find a wonderful marina and restaurant awaiting their arrival.
- 11AM Cruising the Panhandle, Gulf Port to Apalachicola Ready to start Living the Dream? This seminar will whet your appetite for cruising. Along with some wonderful photos of these cruising grounds and internet resources to help you plan your journey, you will get an overview of the ICW from Gulfport MS to Apalachicola FL with a few different options along the way. Captains Chris & Alyse can help you plot your course for adventure in your own backyard.
- 1PM Building Cruising Confidence – Be an asset to your captain. Captain Alyse Caldwell will show you the ropes, from navigation tips to taking the helm. Learn what a good mate needs to know when the captain goes on break…and how to keep it fun!
- 3PM Anchoring Essentials – From selecting the right anchor to understanding terms like rode and scope, Captain Chris will ease your learning curve. The next time you anchor you will feel more confident whether it is just to enjoy an afternoon lunch or sleep overnight.