Captain Chris is a licensed career captain who will share his maritime experience to build your cruising confidence aboard any boat.
My wife and I are USCG licensed 100 Ton Masters and have real world cruising and commercial marine experiences to share. We have enjoyed being owners of a variety of boats throughout our 100 years. Well, maybe not that many but it’s been a lot of boats. Living aboard our 44 foot Motor Cruiser for over 15 years we have a ton of tips to help you get on the fast track for your cruising adventure. After a training with us you will be more confident as a boat owner. …Don’t have a boat yet? Ask Captain Chris how we can help define the perfect boat…for you.
We provide a hands-on total systems learning experience for you. In other words, we translate What’s that noise? What’s that smell? And give you a practical how-to DIY with all your boat systems. We’ll suggest spare parts and supplies to have aboard and offer practical knowledge to make basic underway repairs. There is so much to learn but we make it fun. YouTube, FaceBook, PDFs, Newsletters, Streaming videos and seminars will supplement training time with us aboard your boat. Yup, we teach you about close quarters maneuvering, anchoring and navigation and how to work together as a team. Of course you can always Ask Captain Chris with a phone call. 772-205-1859. We love to consult as your cruising coach.
So what’s in it for YOU?
Be a better boater when you Ask Captain Chris. Here’s how we do it:
- Seminars. Our Vero Beach seminars are small to allow for personal training with actual equipment in a classroom setting. Introduction to Boat Systems includes engine oil & fuel filters, diesel engine maintenance, fresh water & black water systems, steering, throttle and shifting systems, air conditioning systems, electrical and electronic systems. Did we say systems?
- More Seminars. Our Cruising 101 FUNdamentals covers navigation, trip planning, galley tips, anchoring, radio communication and rules of the road. Even if you’ve had a class years ago, we promise you’ll have a great time remembering new stuff.
- Don’t forget to join us at a Boatyard Tour on the Sunday morning after class.
- Social media. Our daily posts on social media show you the real world of boating. No editing. Always something to make you go hmmmm?
- Video Training. Online or DVDs if you still have a player.
- Resources. PDFs with lists and tips for spare parts, surveys and more.
- Cruising Coach. Sometime you just need to talk about a boat with a seasoned professional who has no skin in the game. A broker needs to sell you something but it doesn’t matter to us what boat you get. Really. We can train you on just about anything but full disclosure, we prefer power boats.
We are available to work with you anytime, anywhere to help ease your learning curve. Looking forward to working with you soon.
You still want to learn more about us?
Chris earned his first USCG Captain’s License at age 18, working in charter fishing & SCUBA diving boat operations first in the Gulf of Mexico and most recently in the Florida Keys. Operating oilfield service vessels, Chris also boasts a strong commercial marine background including maintenance and repair experience in some unique settings. In addition to his marine experience, Chris also enjoyed a successful Professional Sales Career while living in Louisiana. He’s a trainiac too with a three rail O scale layout in our dirt house.
Alyse worked in the nursing field as an RN and Administrative Director. Her significant cruising time allowed her to also earn her USCG 100GT Masters license. We lived aboard our personal 44 ft Motor Cruiser full-time since 1995. Hailing from the port of New Orleans, we began our full time cruising adventure in the year 2000. Married over thirty-five years, we have many tales to tell!
As Water Taxi Captains, we were both mentors for the youth of Baltimore. Training the underprivileged teens in the safety requirements and basic boat handling skills, many of these new mates earned sea time toward their own Captain’s license.
As Charter members of the Gulfstar Owners Club, we have shared our vast experience with the members by speaking at rendezvous seminars and have published maintenance booklets and how-to materials for on-the-sea reference. As presenters at TrawlerFest, CruiserPort, Great Loop Rendezvous, Looper Lifestyle events, Gulf Coast Yacht and Boat Shows and the Stuart Boat Show we encourage and coach new boaters to Live the Dream. Our latest endeavor is AskCaptainChris.com and includes training videos and personal cruise consulting.
Local Training and Training Deliveries is a key part of Captain Chris Yacht Services. You will find us at sea all along the Eastern and Gulf Coast of the United States. From New Orleans to New York, Miami to Maine, The Conch Republic of Key West to Canada, Charleston to the Chesapeake, Bahama Bound and Back.